<item>God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>There in wine is found the great generalization: all life is fermentation.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>Far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it?
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>People are always asking for the latest developments in the unification of this theory with that theory, and they don't give us a chance to tell them anything about what we know pretty well. They always want to know the things we don't know.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>Here it is standing: atoms with consciousness; matter with curiosity.Stands at the sea, wondering: I... a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
- Richard Feynman -</item> <item>To live, to err, to fall, to triumph, to recreate life out of life.
- James Joyce -</item> <item>The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you'll ever have to confront, don't you dare ever get use to it, don't you dare ever say that life is boring, monotonous or joyless.
- Richard Dawkins -</item> <item>We are the children of chaos, and the deep structure of change is decay. At root, there is only corruption, and the unstemmable tide of chaos. Gone is purpose; all that is left is direction. This is the bleakness we have to accept as we peer deeply and dispassionately into the heart of the Universe.
- Peter Atkins -</item> <item>The more the universe seems comprehensible, the more it also seems pointless.
- Steven Weinberg -</item> <item>The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things which lifts human life a little above the level of farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy.
- Steven Weinberg -</item> <item>Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg -</item> <item>I have been researching life and do not know why or what for.
- Severo Ochoa -</item> <item>Love is physics and chemistry.
- Severo Ochoa -</item> <item>Where is everybody?
- Enrico Fermi -</item> <item>Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world.
- Louis Pasteur -</item> </random>